Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) provides visitors with a variety of experiences to arouse curiosity and to instill a sense of discovery and stewardship for the area's outstanding cultural, historical, recreational, and environmental riches.
Make a difference!!
Your gift, no matter how large or small, makes all the difference to saving the values of our region's riparian, cultural, recreational, and historical riches. Every dollar is used to support our programs and services.
Programs and Services that we wish to expand:
- Events like WinterFest that has our conservation partners and friends join us to share their exhibits and expertise with our visitors.
- Educational Material - such as:
- interpretive signs in the Visitor Center and around our lake
- Educational brochures (our newest one is on bats).
- FUTURE - Educational programs at the park and at schools
- Habitat Improvements for birds, butterflies, and native endangered fish
- Riparian Habitat maintenance and improvements
- Arizona Humanities / Smithsonian Institute Arizona WaterWays
Our committed volunteers can be credited with much of what is achieved in the park each year. From trail building to leading hikes; habitat restoration to wildlife inventories; facilitating recreational activities to special event coordination to visitor services. The needs are as diverse as swinging a hammer for the school house restoration to grant research and writing. Your involvement with as little as one hour a week will be adding to the success of the Park.
Ways to help
Landscape / Weeding Assistance
Web or Facebook input
Other - let us know what you see needs to be done and how you can help.
The Adopt-A-Plot Program at Black Canyon Heritage Park is a valuable and rewarding experience. The program goal is to nurture the native plants and animals on your adopted plot to maintain a natural Riparian Environment. This means assuring that water is reaching the native plants, removing non-native plants, and identifying/pho
tographing plant and animal species you see on your plot (or at the park).